Welcome to BCPS Library Media Services
All County Feedback
- Thank you for lunch and inspiration to get the year started on the right foot!
- Thank you for the book by Jennifer Lagarde. What a great motivational speaker to start off our school year.
- The meeting was well organized and the speaker was inspiring.
- Fabulous Day! More like this, please.
- Thank you for coordinating Jennifer Lagarde's visit. What a wonderful keynote speaker!
- Great information and the keynote speaker was very motivating!!
- Maybe have a breakout session for networking. A few high school LME's chatted over lunch and shared best practices for a variety of issues.
- Loved Library Girl!
Broward County Schools Digital Direct Card
The digital direct card is a virtual card which allows students access to the Broward County Library digital resources. Parents had the option to opt-in or opt-out of the program for their student through the Student Code of Conduct Online Book at the beginning of the school year. Students and Parents will have another opportunity to be a part of this great partnership with the Broward County Library at the start of the upcoming school year 2019-2020 through the Student Code of Conduct by choosing to opt-in to the Digital Direct program. Don't miss out on these great resources!
Digital Direct Totals: To date there are over 70,000 students registered!
Digital Direct Card Info Flyer
Welcome to Innovative Learning, Library Media Janice!
We would like to wish a very warm welcome to Janice Brim! Janice comes to us from Silver Lakes Middle School where she served as a media specialist. She came to Silver Lakes by way of Stranahan High School. She is very Tech-savvy and brings a wealth of tools and expertise .She will be supporting secondary media specialists. She has been a wonderful addition to our Library Media team and we are so happy to have her on board!
The Sora Bookmobile travels the nation educating students about the Sora reading app from Overdrive. The bookmobile is a trailer pulled by a truck complete with seating for students to sit and listen to the presenters show and explain how Sora works and the many features the app offers. The bookmobile paid a visit to Cypress Bay High School under the direction of media specialist Shawn Maas. Classes were invited to attend to hear the presentation and experience a visual presentation of the app.
Gale and One Drive Integation
Guidelines for Weeding Library Books for Library Media Specialists